Saturday, January 27, 2007

My experience with God

God is a divine power around us. God is invisible; invincible. I have seen God many times. I mean I felt God’s presence when I was in trouble. It was when I was in school in the tenth standard. Who would think a pen will bring havoc? My grandfather had a ‘Parker pen’ with which he used to write stamp paper when he was at service. After his death it was lying useless and out of order in the table’s drawer. Somehow it fascinated me. I made the stubborn pen write and I would write with it. When the school conducted annual sports every year all students had to attend. The teacher ordered us to go to the playground leaving the books in the class room. After the sports got over I came back and found my geometry box in which I had kept the pen missing. I searched everywhere to no avail. Why only my box? I don’t know the motive for the theft, but I can guess. Some rowdies roaming around there would have done it. I can imagine my mother’s reaction when I lost something. Trembling with fear I entered the house and told her what had happened. She was not ready to listen anything I said. She started throwing curses and abuses at me. Luckily she didn’t beat me. Instead she decided to give me a better punishment. I didn’t get a pen for my prelims; told me to write with the old useless dipping pen. With much difficulty I wrote the first two exams when the rest of the students, some of them poor, were writing with a fountain pen. I went without a pen for the third exam thinking that my classmate will give me one. I asked my friends and all classmates for a pen. They didn’t give me one. When the first bell to attend the class rang I was standing outside my exam hall when every student was in. I was drenched with cold sweat in fear of confronting the supervisor. I prayed and prayed deeper from my heart. When I was about to weep I saw one of my classmates coming from the toilet. I told her my plight. Luckily she had brought three pens and was willing to give me one of them and told me to keep it until the exams were over. I wept, but with a sigh of relief and thanked her and God. I think God might have heard my prayer and came disguised as her. If it was not for her I would have failed. My grandmother said, “How dare she go for the exams without a pen?” I was not daring, I was helpless. If they are not ready to understand my plight it is their fault. My mother was self-centered and adamant. She would torture me mentally always, I would tolerate. But it was too much. After my marriage I left her forever. Still now I cannot help weeping when I think about the incident. At age15, Saturn will come in opposition with the natal Saturn which was the reason for my mental torture and trouble that I had gone through. Your prayer will be heard if you are good-willed. So trust in God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home